Co-create fit-for-purpose organisation structures to reach strategic goals.
Organisation design involves the creation of roles, processes and structures to ensure that the business’s goals can be realised. It directly impacts the day-to-day outputs and long-term careers of your workforce. Additionally, it explicitly powers the ability of the company to reach its strategic objectives.
Traditional functional organisational structures consolidate scarce talent in siloed teams. They then grant access to the scarce skills of the elite team to the rest of the business. In a disruptive world, successful organisations adopt a new design: one that creates cross-functional, autonomous teams organised by specific outcomes.
In the modern world of work, leaders of today simply cannot rely on organisational structures devised more than a century ago.
Organisation design should amplify the alignment of the company to its strategy and business model. However, leaders dare not sit on their laurels after the organisation design has been signed off. In today’s disruptive world, strategies are bound to change. And, as the game plan changes, so too must the organisation design.
As companies grow and as challenges multiply, an organisation design which once worked can become a barrier to efficiency, customer service, employee morale and – inevitably – financial profitability.
Some ugly symptoms start rearing their heads: constrained communication flow, slow decision-making processes, a toxic culture and a lack of accountability.
In attempting to rectify the faulty organisation design, leadership often resort to one of two mistakes. They either drag their feet or jump in headfirst without proper consideration for the organisation’s strategy.
If your talent pool doesn’t include an in-house specialist, it’s best to consider outsourcing these skills to an authority in organisation design.
Composing and executing a new design can be a significant organisational accelerator in complex business environments. When implemented successfully, renewed organisation design blazes the trail towards business performance.
Additionally, the potential of your workforce is synergised towards high-performance and optimised to adapt to variation. Human Interest assists our clients by:
- Translating strategy into a set of business design principles.
- Focussing on objective criteria for designing an on-point operating model.
- Working in collaboration with our clients on matters such as the optimal business-unit structure and capabilities needed for pivotal roles.
- Assessing the strength and weakness of the current organisation design to identify the root cause of problems.
- Building an alternative structure that serves your company best.
- Eliminating unnecessary complexity and friction to streamline energy.
- Helping leaders steer away from bureaucracy to ensure successful implementation of organisational change.